Why Are Area Rugs So Expensive? - Get The Best Deal With These Tips
There are many different types of area rugs in the market. Usually the imported hand-knotted wool rugs are the most expensive ones. It all depends on your goal, one question you need to ask yourself is why do I need a rug? You may need a rug to cover an imperfection, to protect your floors and decorate your home.
- If you want a better deal on an area rugs, shop directly from the manufacturer. For example, we import our own collection from Turkey and sell directly to the customer. Meaning there is no middleman whatsoever and we pass those saving to our customers.
- Educate yourself on the type of material you desire in an area rug. Wool can be very expensive if you’re looking to save a few dollars. But polypyrene area rugs are like wool for a fraction of the cost. Our polypyrene rugs are very durable, soft and features strong fibers.
- A few years ago, we featured our Super Affordable Area Rugs collection, because there was a need not only for inexpensive rugs, but the market was lacking the designs customers wanted. It was a great opportunity for us to launch a collection where we featured designs from expensive area rugs and transfer them to a more ‘Budget Friendly Area Rugs’.
- What size are you interested in? The bigger the size, the more expensive the area rug will be. Since many local area rugs retailer don’t carry a large inventory, the cost of the area rug will be higher. For example, an 8 by 11 area rugs from a rug retailer can cost around $400-$500, while ours average around $129- $225 for the same quality.
- The quality of the area rug can have a huge impact on the price. If you’re interested in a higher end thick quality area rugs, the price will be significantly higher. To find the best deals on these type of area rugs, shop directly from the manufacturers. Our area rugs collection features a ½ inch pile, it is dense, and plush without the high-ticket price.
- What type of design are you in the market for? Many retailers will price the rug differently depending on the popularity of the design. For example, they may charge more for an oriental rug than a contemporary rug. In our case, we charge the same prices for both designs if they are from the same collection.
- Are you concerned your pet will ruin your area rug? If you have a lovely pet, we recommend shopping for an area rug that does not shed. Shop for a rug that was manufactured with strong polypyrene fibers and is resistant to soiling and stains. An area rug with those features does not have to be expensive. Our collection is shed and chemical free, making our area rugs family friendly and affordable.
Hope these tips help you decide on your next purchase. As always, if you need our help or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Javier Diaz